Durham NC 40,000 SF 2020
Originally built in 1930, this historic building overlooking Duke’s East Campus was a collection of twenty-seven tired apartments. Alliance in partnership with Wheatland, LLC acquired the property and fully renovated the building into ten custom luxury condominiums. Of note are its original limestone and masonry facades with original brass entrance doors. All systems were fully modernized. Units have routinely commanded sales at the highest square foot values in the city and rarely come up for sale. The renovation features marble showers, restored steel operable windows, a pool, roof terraces, and solid maple flooring throughout. The apartments are filled with light as the design made use of the full floorplate allowing windows on three sides of a unit.